If you use Internet Explorer, the browser created by Windows, you may have experienced a long-running script error when trying to make a purchase at the checkout.
The most common cause of this is having too much browser history on your computer, which can slow down things a bit.
To see if you are using Internet Explorer, try to find the computer icon that looks like this:
You can also see the same icon at the bottom of your screen:
How to clear your browser history
- Click on the Internet Explorer icon (the ‘e’) and open up Internet Explorer
- In the top right hand corner of your screen, you will see a cog icon. Click the cog and select ‘Internet Options’ from the drop down menu.
- A pop up box will appear that looks like this:
- You will see the text ‘Browsing History’. There’s an empty box under this. Please click on this empty box and a tick will appear.
- Now, press the Delete button
- Another box should appear and you should see the following pre-ticked boxes. Leave these ticked. There’s no need to tick the other boxes.
- Now, press the ‘Delete’ button to remove your history
- Depending on the amount of historical information you have, your computer may take up to several minutes to completely clear your history.
- Now that you’ve cleared your history, go back to the checkout to see if the long-running script error has been resolved